S&S Propeller provides a full range or services performed by our master craftsmen. We have two complete machine shops and utilize state of the art equipment to ensure quality and precision.
- Since 1986 S&S Propeller has utilized a computerized digital measuring system to check propellers for manufacturing consistency. Our craftsmen can also apply this technology to blueprint your existing propellers. The Blade Runner Perfect Pitch System allows us to measure the exact pitch over the full cord length at any radius line desired.
- In addition to computer scanning all propellers are manually checked for spacing, area and tracking.
- Our vertical boring mills enable us to machine propellers up to sixty inches in diameter.
- Since the balance of propellers can be as critical as the pitch and tracking, S&S Propeller utilizes state-of-the-art computer driven machines that dynamically balance propellers up to 2000 lbs.
- Our 75 ton shaft straightening machines allow us to straighten shafts up to 5 inches in diameter to within .002 tolerance.
- When S&S Propeller supplies new shafting, the propeller is power lapped as an included service to insure full contact.
- We have the capability to CNC machine shafts up to 5 inches in diameter.